Sunday, January 27, 2013

Why Makeupbypi? | Porquê Makeupbypi?

This name is obviously divided by Makeup by Pi, but why Pi? The reason behind this is, my name being Filipa, is quite hard for babies to say at first, and so being the elder sister, when my little sister, Marta, was born, for her to learn my name easily, my mom called me Pi. It's very common here in Portugal the name Filipa being nicknamed as Pipa, but since that means a barrel of wine in portuguese, I never quite liked that nickname. And so, and because it also means the irrational number, known as 3,14, I always liked the nickname Pi. That's my story :) What's yours? Do you have a nickname? Leave me a comment, I'd love to know!


Este nome significa obviamente Makeup by Pi, isto é, maquilhagem pela Pi, mas porquê Pi? A razão por trás disto é, sendo o meu nome Filipa, é bastante difícil para os bebés aprenderem a dizer, e como eu sou a irmã mais velha, quando a minha irmã mais nova, Marta, nasceu, para ela aprender meu nome, a minha mãe chamou-me Pi. É bastante comum o nome Filipa ter o nickname Pipa, mas eu nunca gostei deste nome por associar a uma pipa de vinho. E por isso, e como também significa o número irracional, mais commumente conhecido como 3,14, eu sempre gostei do nickname Pi. Esta é a minha história :) Qual é a tua? Tens um nickname? Deixa-me um comentário, gostaria imenso de saber!

No comments:

Post a Comment