Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Erasmus Life Lisboa

My name is Filipa, I'm 20 years old and last December I decided to join a non profit organization called Erasmus Life Lisboa! 

The aim of ELL is to make the life easier for international students that come to Lisbon to study. With that purpose in mind, it helps since before even students arrive, helping with the housing and living in general, problems or doubts they might have, to organizing amazing activities and trips to get to know the Portuguese culture and cities, and the best parties! #noregrets

Although I've only been a volunteer for 4 months, I gotta say it has been a heck of a ride! Meeting international students is one of the best ways to get to know different languages and cultures, and you get to have a lot of fun in the process! Everyone is so different and happy and exciting! 

I mentioned before that this is volunteer work, in fact, I do not earn any kind of money by working for ELL, and the whole organization depends on their volunteers, on how much each person is willing to give and wants to get involved. So for me, I've been doing it at 110%, because we learn a lot in terms of organizing activities, logistics, problem solving, creating ideas and concepts, how to deal with different kinds of people, so many things! And for me, there's nothing that makes me happier and fulfilled than when we fully accomplished an event and seeing the thankful faces of everyone! 

I really love being useful, to help others, so ELL is helping me feel happier by making others happy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment